Teens, click here to submit reviews of books and movies for this year’s Summer Learning program!
Teens, please drop in to the community room on Tuesday, March 7th between 3:00-4:45 for simple circuit paper crafts, video games and snacks to celebrate the Young Adult Library Services Association’s TEEN TECH WEEK!
FRIDAY, DECEMBER 9th from 3:00-4:30. Teens in grades 6-12, join us for anime club, where you can talk about your favorite series and characters, and make and enjoy Japanese-inspired crafts and snacks!
Here are the titles that made this year’s Teens’ Top Ten, which are selected by teens nationwide who vote for their favorites during Teen Read Week! For more info., visit the Teens’ Top Ten page on YALSA’s website here: http://www.ala.org/yalsa/teenstopten
- Alive by Chandler Baker. Disney/Hyperion. 9781484706831.
- All the Bright Places by Jennifer Niven. Random House/Alfred A. Knopf. 9780385755887.
- The Game of Love and Death by Martha Brockenbrough. Scholastic/Arthur A. Levine Books. 9780545668347.
- Six of Crows by Leigh Bardugo. Macmillan/Henry Holt & Co. 9781627792127.
- Everything, Everything by Nicola Yoon. Random House/Delacorte Press. 9780553496642.
- Every Last Word by Tamara Ireland Stone. Disney/Hyperion. 9781484705278.
- The Novice: Summoner: Book One by Taran Matharu. Macmillan/Feiwel & Friends. 9781250080059.
- Illuminae by Amie Kaufman and Jay Kristoff. Random House/Alfred A. Knopf. 9780553499117.
- When by Victoria Laurie. Disney/Hyperion. 9781484700082.
- Suicide Notes from Beautiful Girls. By Lynn Weingarten. Simon & Schuster/Simon Pulse. 9781481418584.
Wednesday, October 19th, 1:30-4:00 PM
Teens in grades 6-12, join us on this school early release day for Halloween crafts and snacks, to work on your Halloween or cosplay costume and take in a classic Tim Burton film!
You know you want to join! All teens in grades 6-12 are invited to join us on Wednesday, September 28th from 4:00-4:45 for a re-boot of the library’s Teen Advisory Group (TAG). If you have ideas for what you’d like to see for teens here at McArthur — be it programs, books, movies, music, or video games — this is the group for you! Come have some snacks and tell us what’s on your mind!
Read from these 26 nominated titles and choose your favorites — then vote anytime between August 15th and October 15th at http://www.ala.org/yalsa/teenstopten