Reviewed by a Summer Learning Program Participant
THE HOBBIT by J.R.R. Tolkien
The movie and the book were both really good, but in the movie there were multiple love scenes where in the book there were none.
GARFIELD by Jim Davis
I read Garfield and I watched the movie and I liked the book better because it was more funny and not so realistic.
One of the options for our Summer Learning Challenges this year is to write a review of a book you’re reading. Here is the first one we’ve received from one of our awesome participants this summer:
I like the fighting and action in this book. I don’t like it when they always make a joke before they fight — I sometimes like it but not always. I don’t always like having the question corner before every chapter either. I sometimes like reading the question corner because sometimes it answers some questions I had. Other than that, the book One Piece, Volume One is a great book!
Beginning July 6th, teens in grades 6-12, drop in between 2:00-4:00 for Summer Teen Lounge. Crafts, video and board games and laptop computers, plus summer learning program activities!
Teens, click here to submit reviews of books and movies for this year’s Summer Learning program!
Teens, please drop in to the community room on Tuesday, March 7th between 3:00-4:45 for simple circuit paper crafts, video games and snacks to celebrate the Young Adult Library Services Association’s TEEN TECH WEEK!
FRIDAY, DECEMBER 9th from 3:00-4:30. Teens in grades 6-12, join us for anime club, where you can talk about your favorite series and characters, and make and enjoy Japanese-inspired crafts and snacks!
Here are the titles that made this year’s Teens’ Top Ten, which are selected by teens nationwide who vote for their favorites during Teen Read Week! For more info., visit the Teens’ Top Ten page on YALSA’s website here: http://www.ala.org/yalsa/teenstopten
- Alive by Chandler Baker. Disney/Hyperion. 9781484706831.
- All the Bright Places by Jennifer Niven. Random House/Alfred A. Knopf. 9780385755887.
- The Game of Love and Death by Martha Brockenbrough. Scholastic/Arthur A. Levine Books. 9780545668347.
- Six of Crows by Leigh Bardugo. Macmillan/Henry Holt & Co. 9781627792127.
- Everything, Everything by Nicola Yoon. Random House/Delacorte Press. 9780553496642.
- Every Last Word by Tamara Ireland Stone. Disney/Hyperion. 9781484705278.
- The Novice: Summoner: Book One by Taran Matharu. Macmillan/Feiwel & Friends. 9781250080059.
- Illuminae by Amie Kaufman and Jay Kristoff. Random House/Alfred A. Knopf. 9780553499117.
- When by Victoria Laurie. Disney/Hyperion. 9781484700082.
- Suicide Notes from Beautiful Girls. By Lynn Weingarten. Simon & Schuster/Simon Pulse. 9781481418584.