Hot Chocolate Bombs
- Count out 15 chocolate discs. Place in a microwave safe container and melt in the microwave (15 seconds at a time, and stir in between!) or over a double boiler (BE CAREFUL). Keep an eye on your chocolate and don’t let it burn!
- Using a spoon or your fingers, CAREFULLY (chocolate is HOT!) spread the chocolate on the inside of both halves of your mold. Make sure to cover everything completely and get a nice coat. Place halves in the freezer for at least 10 minutes. *see note
- Count out another 15 chocolate discs and melt (I used the same bowl).
- Remove your molds from the freezer and carefully spread another layer of chocolate on both halves. Return to the freezer for another 10-15 minutes.
- When the chocolate is solid remove the molds from the freezer and slide out your chocolate half circles. They should pop right out of the molds, but you may need to carefully tap them on the counter. If they break you can either re-melt and redo, or just seal the cracks with more melted chocolate.
- Melt your remaining chocolate disc in the microwave- Keep a close eye on it!
- If you want your molds to have a flat seam, CAREFULLY warm a plate in the microwave for 30 seconds and run the mold on the warm plate for a second to melt the edges. (see video for demonstration) I used the bowl I melted my chocolate in and it worked really well.
- If you received a peppermint now’s the time to smash it. 🙂
- Prop one half of your molds on a cup and fill with your cocoa, marshmallows, and/or peppermint.
- Place both halves of your circles together and “glue” together with the last of your melted chocolate. Smooth out with the back of a spoon if desired, or you could roll in sprinkles or cocoa (not included in the kits).
To serve pour warm milk or milk alternative over the chocolate and watch it melt!
*Note: You CAN do one layer of chocolate, but I had better luck doing two thinner layers.